Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Ouch!

I type this with fingernails caked with blood.

My cousin has returned to help us out for a few weeks. Last night she mentioned how she had cut herself on our Furi knives and that she had to be careful with them from now on.

Cut to today: it is lunchtime and I am quickly chopping some potatoes for boiling. I am doing this over the pot, because to get out a board and wash it afterwards would be, you know, work. I am holding a potato in my left hand when I realise I have cut through two thirds of the nail on my ring finger. All the way through. I wasn't even using one of the really sharp knives.

And the thing that really gets me? At the precise moment it happened, I was thinking to myself "I have never cut myself on these knives".

Smugness and sharp knives don't mix.

2 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Blogger Squishy said...

Well isn't that ironic! Poor thing, I hate cutting myslef. Just goes to show though, the cutting board does serve a purpose ;)

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

Always the way. Your poor fingers.

Nice knives though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home