Sunday, August 26, 2007

Smell of Spring


Last weekend, I stepped outside and smelt spring. The sky was the same (grey and clouded), the temperature chilly and unpromising, but something smelt different. It was spring. And now a week later it seems to have arrived, along with these gorgeous magnolia blossoms.


These are in the garden of the nice neighbours. The other neighbours I could quite cheerfully thump, as they have started home renovations which involve loud saws going off at the click of 7.30 am. Plus demolition of their garage and roof, right next to my washing line, for the past seven days, nonstop. The dust and rubble flying everywhere has left me unable to dry any washing outdoors, even on weekends. I am less than thrilled by this, as you can imagine.

Perhaps I need some chocolate.

5 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger Cerebrum said...

Enjoy the spring Plum! I'm envious - I'd take your noisy neighbours if it included at bit of warmth and sun. It's like summer never really got going around here...

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Truffle said...

Oh how beautiful! Sorry to hear about the noisy neighbours.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Anna (Morsels and Musings) said...

i hope once they finish the renovations they'll become nice neighbours too.

magnolias remind me of my mother. we had a huge tree in our garden and when they flowered she would call them "glorious".

 
At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Neilesh Patel (Recruiter focused on Food Manufacturing Jobs said...

I came across
your blog today
and enjoyed it.
Is it ok if we
re-post some
of
your entries in
our newsletter?
I just think a
lot of the food
and
beverage
people who visit
our community
would like
reading some of
your posts,
even
though they are
mainly industry
professionals,
they are still
‘foodies’.
Let me know J

Neilesh

 
At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Beautiful Flowers said...

The magnolia blossoms are looking gorgeous in pics. The petals and sepals on magnolias look the same and are collectively referred to as “tepals”.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home